How to Celebrate
Since I was inspired to start the National Day when witnessing a vocal group performing the song, ‘We Share Just One Planet’, written by two teachers Sarah Steven & Catherine Marchese.
I believe a great way to celebrate Just One Human family Day is to gather with people from all walks of life to sing the song, ‘We Share Just One Planet’ as a celebration of people over coming adversity and growing together. So, whether a school teacher, choir member, on a team, belong to an organization, church, or just an individual, you can sing. Download the music and video the performance, share the performance of the song on social media and invite others to celebrate and share the planet as One Human Family. Link to Song: https://youtu.be/Oq3H-4oH2xE
1. Sing and perform the song ‘We Share Just One Planet’ individually or as a group, post the performance on social media, share, and invite other humans to share the planet as One Human Family.
2. Download the Just One Human family image logo sign and post a selfie and/or group of people displaying logo sign. Add a caption of what you are doing to celebrate Just One Human Family and sharing the planet.
3. Post a video of yourself-stating what you plan on doing to share just one planet as celebration of Just One Human Family day displaying image logo. Variation: Post a Video of yourself-stating what you would do to better the planet if you were the President of the United States (and/or United Nations) on Just One Human Family Day displaying image logo.
4. Simply reach out to someone as a neighboring human and make a meaningful earth connection that plants some human growth as One Human Family. Perhaps, plant a tree with someone or a garden enjoying mother earth, help an elderly neighbor pant a house, volunteer for a cause of choice, help someone cross the street safely, donate to a food bank, hug a tree…. etc.
5. Make the change in the world we live in challenge and be a proactive human citizen to celebrate Just One Human Family day. To love our neighbor can be translated as to live as a human family that shares just one planet as global neighbors, it is to understand ourselves as part of a larger picture in world which we seek for others the same goodness we seek for ourselves. You can engage the challenge by reaching out and caring for one another, sharing resources, innovating new ideas, creating solutions, educating one another, learning from one another, and the world around us as neighbors. You can be the active ingredient that sparks change in the world around you. Resources : Caritas , Global Goals, Neighbors in Humanity, UNICEF, World Vision.
Sign up to hear from us about future events.